 Robotics / 14472
Re: Solar Panels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 18:45:04 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Rene Virsik writes:
Heya all,

please who can tell me where can I buy original LEGO Solar Panels and how
much are they ?

Thanx!

Rene

Pitsco Dacta had the panels alone in the 2000 catalog  (#D979912) for $35.
I don't have the 2001 catalog in front of me but I recall that they added a
few connector wires and upped the price to $49.  You might try using the old
part number and see if it's still valid.  The solar panel also comes with
the eLab renewable energy set (#D979681)- $140.  While you're at it check
out the Capacitor (#D979916) - $15 for storing up energy.  Use a 9v motor as
a generator to charge it up (if you physically turn the motor, it generated
electricity - think windmill, waterwheel, even driven by a powered motor).
Both work well and have proved quite interesting to my 9 year old (and me).
Just don't plan on using the solar panel alone to run an RCX - you risk
dumping programming if power is lost for too long.

For either, check their web site  www.pitsco-legodacta.com  Toll Free
ordering is 1-800-362-4308.  Ask for a new catalog with your order.