 Robotics / 1444
Re: light sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 13:38:16 GMT

Barry Bott wrote:

I've just bought a mindstorm for my grandchildren and can't get more
than 52 out of the light sensor. I checked the voltage on the sensor
port it read 6.6 volots, does anyone know if this is correct.
        Barry Bott

6.6 V DC is kinda low for new batteries.  It should read 7 to 8 VDC with
a normal multi-meter.  The light sensor should easily read 100 when a
flashlight is pointed into it, but my sensor doesn't read much below 20
in the dark.Somewhere in the setup part of the software it will read the
RCX battery voltage.  Maybe you have a few bad batteries.