 Robotics / 14424
RE: Spirit.ocx and Regsrv32
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 03:46:32 GMT

Are you 100% sure you copied "spirit.ocx" to "C:\windows\system"?

The 485 error usually means it aint in the path

regsvr32 isn't happy when an ActiveX component you want to register isn't in
your defined path(s)...

ill13

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Calum Tsang
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2001 6:59 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Spirit.ocx and Regsrv32

Hi folks,

It's less than 12 hours away from rtlToronto 7, and I need to prep a laptop
for general use at our the Toronto Lego Robotics Event. :)

I'm having some trouble registering Spirit.ocx with Regsrv32.exe.  It gives
me an error, "LoadLibrary("spirit.ocx") failed, GetLastError returns
0x00000485"

After searching through Lugnet, MSDN and a number of other sources, I'm led
to believe I need some additional DLLs in my system before I can get the OCX
to register.

The platform is a Compaq Aero 486/25, Win95 OSR2w/USB, a fresh clean install
with nothing else on it.

If someone could mail me back a quick answer, it'd be appreciated-this'll
mean competitors at the event will have a spare laptop to use!

Calum