 Robotics / 14406
  Re: Walkers

Has anyone considered adapting one of the tiny gyros used to stabalize remote control helicoptors ? These work by modifying the pulse stream that controls a standard R/C servo. - pete. (...) -- Pete Sevcik sevcik@flash.net Techno-stuff Robotics (...) (23 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Walkers

(...) That's an interesting suggestion. One should point out (for those who have not played with these devices) that the Gyro itself doesn't mechanically stabilise the helicopter. The Gyro is hooked up to some kind of a rotation sensor that detects (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  2.0 RIS Update

Friends, I just called the Lego Imagination Center at the Downtown Disney Marketplace in Lake Buena Vista and they claim to be getting RIS 1.5 sets in tomorrow. They said that they would not have the 2.0 until July. Harley Myler (URL) MIME (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 2.0 RIS Update

(...) I just visited the Lego Store in Chicago where an employee confirmed that RIS 2.0 will be available by the end of next month (march). brian (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 2.0 RIS Update

Hi, I just call Lego Customer Service from France. I asked about RIS 2.0. The sympathic girl answered me that Lego has changed his mind about RIS 2.0. For the moment no production is planned before at least one year ! Marc Klein A Mindstorms fan. (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 2.0 RIS Update

(...) Did you ask whether they would be continuing to make 1.5's ? I don't think many people would be all that concerned at a delay for 2.0 - but if there are no 1.5's around for all that time, it'll put a severe kink in our ability to keep the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 2.0 RIS Update

Hi I just called Lego Customer Service. The guy confirmed the information about the delay for version 2.0. But until 2.0 will be released, the version 1.5 will continue to be produced. He talked about new functionnalities of the RCX brick (but he (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)