 Robotics / 1440
    light sensor —Barry Bott
   I've just bought a mindstorm for my grandchildren and can't get more than 52 out of the light sensor. I checked the voltage on the sensor port it read 6.6 volots, does anyone know if this is correct. Barry Bott (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: light sensor —Michael Gasperi
     (...) 6.6 V DC is kinda low for new batteries. It should read 7 to 8 VDC with a normal multi-meter. The light sensor should easily read 100 when a flashlight is pointed into it, but my sensor doesn't read much below 20 in the dark.Somewhere in the (...) (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: light sensor —Barry Bott
     (...) Hi Michael, Yes I'd begun to suspect that so I'd bought a new set, sure enough the sensor voltage went up to 8 volts. What was fooling me was expecting the full 0 to 100 range on a light sensor in reflective mode! As Mathew points out, if I (...) (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: light sensor —Matthew Miller
   (...) Even if you point it directly at a very bright light? (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)