 Robotics / 14385
  Re: Make a goal by the IR port on RCX

(...) I have seen many others use the infrared port as a source of light which is used in conjunction with a light sensor to create a range finder, but I have never heard of anyone using the port itself as a sensor. Is there a way to read the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Make a goal by the IR port on RCX

(...) (Or a Scout - which ought to be cheaper and may actually be enough in this case - since it's only a slave to the main RCX.) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Make a goal by the IR port on RCX

A simple on/off sensor can be placed in series or parallel with other on/off sensors however analog sensors cannot. It should be pointed out that if you do group sensors, it becomes impossible to determine which one was actually triggered. This (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Make a goal by the IR port on RCX

Thanks for all of the suggestions from all of you. As the 3 input port had been occupied by 3 analog sensors (not light sensor, but declear as light sensor in program), so I do not think overloading a sensor is a good idea. The suggestion of (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)