 Robotics / 14334
14333  |  14335
Subject:
POPTRONICS isn't worth it
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 04:29:42 GMT

For those of you who have seen the March 2001 issue of Poptronics (the
"Special Robotics Issue") and been attracted by the words "Lego
Mindstorms" in bold type one the cover - believe me, it isn't worth
it. In the finest traditions of Popular Electronics and Electronics
Now (the two publications that merged to form Poptronics) the articles
are written for the lowest common denominator among readers. Anyone
with enough interest to actually buy a RIS could have done this very
easily on their own. You certainly won't learn anything from it. There
was a reason why I stopped buying P.E. and E.N. when I was in my first
year of the electronics program and I see that nothing has changed by
combining them under a new name. It's a waste of $7 CDN ($6 US).

Matthias Jetleb
VA3-MWJ