 Robotics / 1427
1426  |  1428
Subject:
Scanning Tunnelling Lego Probe
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 19:28:46 GMT

Hi folks,

I've just put some photos up of The Probe robot that I mentioned earlier.
It moves along three orthogonal axes and pokes at an object to find out
its shape.  The contour data is logged and transmitted to a NetWinder for
plotting.  Photos are at:

http://www.pobox.com/~benw/lego/probe/

Okay it's a bit slow, it took 3 hours to scan the Thunderbirds model on a
2mm grid.  Maybe next I'll build a laser stripe scanner.  :)

Enjoy,

- Ben.