 Robotics / 14038
  Re: New guy on the blocks

Hi Francois, Like you said, if get the firmware from the Lego Mindstorms site and you use NQC, you should not need anything from the CD. Good luck, Gus (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New guy on the blocks

I think that unless you are going to write your own communications routines, you will need spirit.ocx, and use its functions to talk to the RCX. If you do not use standard firmware, you will not need the cd. These options are also generally more (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New guy on the blocks

(...) No - I'm a Linux user and *none* of the software on the CD would work for me anyway. You don't need spirit.ocx for NQC programming. Download the firmware file from Lego's web site - that (and NQC which isn't on the CD anyway) is all you need (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)