 Robotics / 13994
Re: Scanner / Terrain Modeller?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 17:47:18 GMT

Gary Mullen wrote:

Some time ago I saw a website where someone had created scanner /
terrain modeller.  One could place objects under the scanner and using
some software they'd written it would create a 3d representation of it
on their PC.  I remember they'd placed a Thunderbirds model under the
scanner and it looked kind of cool on the screen.

I'm thinking about doing something similar to this with my RCX and
wanted to check out their website for ideas but I just can't remember
where I saw it and I've tried searching everywhere.

Does anyone know the website I'm talking about?

I think it was on Ben's lego creation page.

http://staticip.cx/~benw/lego/index.html

But, the nameserver for staticip.cx seams to be down today and I can't
find the PDF describing the project.

Carsten Müller