 Robotics / 13988
    Re: Scanner / Terrain Modeller? —Steve Baker
   (...) Oh! I see. OK - then using the Lego camera should be a one place to start. You'll need the power of the PC to turn that into 3D though. There has been some work on the business of turning a LOT of 2D images (taken with a video camera or (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Scanner / Terrain Modeller? —Tim Hatch
   I, personally, would take some sort or range sensor and pass it over the model in a grid fashon. You could then take that data into a computer and wouldn't require you to have a camera. I can provide help if you want it. This might be somewhat (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)