 Robotics / 1398
  RE: Compass/directional sensor

You could mount a printed disk on a comapss needle and use some sort of encoding via the light sensor to determine your direction. By changing the shade from white to black you'd probably be able to get a decent angle reading. The only tricky bit is (...) (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Compass/directional sensor

In article <002101be26fe$548a96...ms.co.nz>, Tim McSweeney <tim@ams.co.nz> writes (...) If you could find a code which only changes by one bit at any transition you would be OK. I know that the Gray Scale does this for linear measurement, but is (...) (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Compass/directional sensor

I like this idea quite a bit. Instead of going starting white and progressing all 360 degrees to black, though, how about having pure white represent 0 degrees and progressing through gray to black at 180 degrees and then back to white? You would (...) (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Compass/directional sensor

(...) I'm sure there are gray codes that do this but from mewmory gray codes are used to encode rotation as a binary number and we only have the one light sensor. Tim (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)