 Robotics / 13978
Re: Vision command & macintosh
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 08:25:18 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, sjbaker1@airmail.net writes:
John Kornhaus wrote:

I had heard that the actual camera was a Logitech QuickCam, but I could
find no Mac drivers on their site that will work with the Lego camera.

I believe that someone said that whilst the Lego camera is made by Logitech,
it has a different USB identifier or some such thing

That is what it seems to be.

that made it so you
couldn't interchange Lego and Logitech cameras with the same software.

You can't use a logitech camera with the Lego software, but you can use the
lego camera with the logitech SDK though there is no SDK for macintosh systems.
Take a look at question No. 7 at
http://developer.logitech.com/developer/support.html

I have no firsthand knowledge though - so treat this as 'hearsay' evidence.

I don't have firsthand knowledge on macintosh systems. All the above depends
on Windows 98

Rainer