 Robotics / 13961
RE: LEGO Injuries (was adder-subtractor)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 08:06:29 GMT

Anyone else have any good LEGO injury stories?  :)

I once tried to catch one of those rubber-tipped "arrows" in mid-air between
my two hands, using a motion like clapping your hands. The problem is that I
caught it sideways, with the rubber-tipped end pointing at one hand, and the
thin end pointing at the other hand. The momemtum from my hands coming
together snapped it into two pieces around a whole in the beam (the weakest
spot), leaving an end with two sharp tips. My hands continued to travel
further, nicely embedding one end of the snapped beam into one of my hands.
This was very painful, and thoroughly soaked a bandaid with blood.

To get back on topic, here are some pictures of interfacing a RCX with Duplo
trains:
          http://www.sporkert.com/Lego/Trains/index.htm
There's a motorized start/stop track, a motorized turnout, and a train
sensor.

Tilman