 Robotics / 13812
Re: Future Shop Blowout of RIS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 15:52:43 GMT

For those of us in Canada, Future Shop seems to still be processing
orders.  The status of my order was previously backordered, "special
order from manufacturer."  It's now listed as in progress, for whatever
that's worth.

Also, I called them up about the $30 rebate, and the rep I spoke to said
they would price-protect my order to match the flyer price of $117.99 CDN
+ taxes (had to fax a copy of the flyer page to him).  That hasn't shown
up in the online status of my order yet though.

I'm still not entirely convinced they'll get any stock, but I can hope.

-Roy

Keep on hoping... I happily received the 2 mindstorms kits that I had
ordered on Thursday, January 4th.  Interestingly enough they came in the
original Lego boxes and had not been opened... by that I mean Lego sends
them to suppliers in a 2-pack and that 2-pack had not been opened.  I also
have been told that I would receive the discount.  I also have not seen that
appear on my order status but was told it would take 7-10 days for it to
appear.  Why so long... perhaps so I will forget to recheck????
- Jeff