 Robotics / 13656
13655  |  13657
Subject:
Sending commands directly in Perl
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 11:44:03 GMT

Hello !
I'm a french guy, new in this mailing-list. I've bought the Mindstorm
whith my 14 years old son.
He uses the windows interface, but I prefer Linux :-)
I've searched on several sites, but I've not found the solution to my
problem ...
I use the talkrcx.pl script, and it works fine. The ping command (10 in
hex) receives the correct answer (e7).
When I use commands like Get Value (120c01 : get the raw value from
sensor 1) I receive a correct answer.
But with commands like Set Variable (14050c01 : store the raw value from
sensor 1 in variable 5) there is no answer (e3 expected).
Is there any previous command (or serial of command) to initialise the
RCX to accept my command ?
If the answer to my question is yet in a FAQ, thanks to tell me !
--
Dominique Bécaert