 Robotics / 13577
Re: Can the touch sensor be used as a momentary switch? (without RCX)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 14:05:37 GMT

The question is: can you use the sensor, without an RCX, as a momentary
switch to turn on devices?  I'd like to wire it between a battery box and a
motor (or light) and have it close the circuit.  Is this possible to do if I
position the wires just right?

I've been thinking about this. It would be great to use it as a switch
but I haven't found the logic in it yet. I've used some trial and
error to try to find the correct wire positioning but I think I'll
have to bring out my multimeter and check how the wires are connected.

If anyone has the answer I'd be happy to get it, too. :)

Meanwhile the polarity switch and some rubber bands should do the
trick.

/Tobbe