 Robotics / 13549
Re: Armed RCXs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 21:52:44 GMT

Hi,

At wat I believe is referred to as "the Mindstorms Mall Tour 2000" I have
seen a model which has six of these launchers mounted in a circle. It looks
just like a machine gun. For mounting a small 'pulleywheel' was used. The
whole construction of these six launchers is connected to an axle, which is
powered by a motor. When the construction is turning, the 'launch handles'
is triggered by sliding over another wheel.

The actual model was connected to the vision command. The result of waving
in front of the camera was that you got hit by six rapidly fired projectiles
:)

It's great stuff to play with. Too bad I have only 1 launcher...

Jeroen Stap

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Barnes" <barnes@sensors.com>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2000 1:27 AM
Subject: Armed RCXs

I noticed that the lugnet shop-at-home specials this week includes
8268 at $5. This is a deal because the service pack that contained
the projectile projector (?) alone used to cost that much and they
have been discontinued, so for all you designers of RCX based bots
designed to terrorize the cat, now's your chance.

So have you figured out how to build a mechanism to trigger perhaps
half a dozen projectors in sequence.

And after you figure that out, perhaps figure out how to reload one
from a supply of projectiles. I've tried this challenge and so far, • haven't
had a lot of luck.

JB