 Robotics / 13418
Re: Code Pilot is Fantastic RCX add-on!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:58:07 GMT

"Ralph Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com> writes:

The steering turns the inside wheel slightly more than the outside.

Yes, I agree that this is an interesting function.  I've used the same
kind of mechanism in many of my own MOCs, as it allows for tighter
turns without the friction you would get with a normal setup.

While the CodePilot unit itself is fairly useless (in my opinion), I
really like the truck model.

Have you tried making the alternate models, BTW?  I think the car
which goes forward until it hits something is quite interesting.

I also like the two legged walker.  The control is a bit awkward, as
you turn the wheel (either way) to make the walker walk, while
pressing/releasing a touch sensor makes it walk forward/backward.
Here's a challenge: How would you rebuild the control unit so that you
control the direction of the walker with the direction of the wheel?

Fredrik