 Robotics / 13426
Re: Code Pilot is Fantastic RCX add-on!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 16:46:31 GMT

I've been promoting this set as the "perfect" RCX add-on since I got one
last Christmas. The main truck model is waaaaaayyyyy cool and quite
ingenious, almost worthy of Jennifer Clark (Hi, Jenn!). I haven't built all
the alternate models, but the six-wheeled vehicle with trailer is cool (two
of the sets of wheels move in steering, the middle ones move less than the
front), although it's IMHO a little to heavy to motorize effectlively
(unless you gear it way down). I haven't found a good use for the control
box, although my almost-2-year-old likes to play with it--it would, I
believe, make a good second power source/motor control for a simple device
using perhaps a touch sensor. Or it could be utilized merely for its sounds
effects.

In addition to the specs already mentioned, you get:

* A MindStorms-type motor
* Two clutch gears (those funny white ones)
* Two touch sensors
* MindStorms Cables (wires) in several lengths
* Gobs of parts (something like 1,200 pieces)
* Some really cool wheels
* Green axles
* A really good color scheme (unlike the space shuttle--call me a racist,
but I don't like white Technic models.) :)
* Tons of gears, including a differential
* A transmission--which can switch between two different gear trains (which
I'm not skilled enough to effectively use yet)
* Lots of angle beams

--Doug Wilcox

"And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John
8:32.)
"But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus
Christ.

Check out the Wilcox family at http://www.wilcoxfamily.net/

Find out what's cooking with Lego MindStorms at the Wilcox house at
http://www.wordsmithdigital.com/mindstorms/

See how to build your own light saber at
http://www.wordsmithdigital.com/saber/

Help promote Capitalism ... order books, videos, and more from Amazon.com
via http://www.wordsmithdigital.com/saber/books.htm

30 George Street
Brockton, MA 02302-3635
508-584-6853 phone
508-284-4408 cell
http://www.wilcoxfamily.net
http://www.wordsmithdigital.com
ICQ# 24868783
AIM ID WebMeister Doug
- Officially Registered in Dogbert's New Ruling Class