 Robotics / 1339
Re: CyberMaster in North America ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 16:05:35 GMT

At +0000 12/11/98 15:44, you wrote:
At 15:36 11-12-1998 Friday , you wrote:
I would like to purchase a CyberMaster for my kids (and
maybe for me).  Are they sold anywhere in the US or
Canada?

Someone said that the US and Canada don't sell the CyberMaster because of
the FCC rules of radio interference that CyberMaster might create (I never
noticed any interference with anything, though).
My guess is that you'll never see one of those sold anywhere in America.

You have to make like us in Europe to get a MindStorms:
We go to the Sates to buy one, you have to come here to buy one.

Try to find a place, preferable in the UK (because then you get the
software in English), that sells the CyberMaster through mailorder, and
ships internationally. Perhaps someone from the UK could help us out on
this one?

I am not 100% sure if it really is the FFC regulations that stops Lego from
selling CM in the USA, or just the Lego Group making a market experiment,
with different products on different markets, at least for a while.
Mindstorms will be sold all over Europe next year, when all translations of
the software is done.

Peter Ljungstrand,  Viktoria Institute

Email: peter@informatics.gu.se
Phone: +46-(0)31-7735543        Mobile: +46-(0)708-302251
Fax: +46-(0)31-7735530        ICQ: 6820636
Visitors: Viktoriagatan 13, 7th floor
Snail-mail: Box 620, 40530 Göteborg, Sweden