 Robotics / 13319
13318  |  13320
Subject:
Results for Aluminum Can Stacking Contest at BrickBots.Com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 16:06:06 GMT

The Aluminum Can Stacking Contest ended yesterday, it was a ton of fun and
here are the highly anticipated (at least for me) results:

First Place, stacking 5 cans in 1 minute 25 seconds, earning 6 points
Matt with his Stack Master 1000 - http://brickbots.com/entryview.asp?eid=21
It is a thing of beauty, be sure to check out the movie!

Second Place, stacking 5 cans in 3 minutes 30 seconds, earning 6 points
Mac with his Black Stack(er) - http://brickbots.com/entryview.asp?eid=19
Very solid design with a great pnematic claw and lifting mechanism

Third Place, stacking 3 cans in 1 minute 45 seconds, earning 4 points
Rich with his Sir Stack a Bit - http://brickbots.com/entryview.asp?eid=20
Claw vibrates too much, but it did stack cans

Thanks everyone for entering and sharing your designs.  I certainly learned
a lot. If anyone has been working on a stacker and did not make the official
deadline, please feel free to add your entry anyway so we can marvel at
these kinetic works of art. The timeframe turned out to be a bit short, and
most contests of this magnitude will run for at least 3 weeks in the future.

As a reminder: The BrickBots.Com Playing Card Sorting contest is currently
underway - http://brickbots.com/currentview.asp?cid=10 - and a new contest
to climb stairs has been proposed and the rules are currently being refined
- http://brickbots.com/proposedview.asp?cid=16

Thanks again, and happy building!
Rich
rich at brickbots dot com