 Robotics / 13296
  Navigation by sound?

Hi, has anybody tried a setup like this: - The tower sends a message to the RCX. - The RCX beeps. - The beep sound is captured by two microphones on two neighbouring corners of the navigation space. - Their signal is fed into a stereo soundcard. - (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  AW: Navigation by sound?

Hi, just passing by coming from sci.geo.satellite-nav it occured to me that even under best circumstances and assuming the robot to be on a plane area two microphones will not provide the position, or better said, it still might be on either one or (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: AW: Navigation by sound?

Hi :) I was going to write about the need for the minimum of 3 point for a perfect TRIangulation etc.. but then, it just ocurred to me: One can use this err... "BIangulation" (eheh) technic (in theory... I just thought of this right now)) to direct (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics)