 Robotics / 13221
Re: Which Palm?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 18:33:35 GMT

At 09:37 AM 11/21/2000 -0800, Martin wrote:
Jeffrey Hazen wrote:

Now after all that, if you still wanted to get a Palm type device, I'd
recommend the Handspring Visor.  Less expensive, cool colors, and the
Springboard expansion port.  Mine's blue ;>)

So is mine, but you can't plug serial devices in because of the different
connector. If you want to control the serial tower with it, you should
just get a used palm pro. If you want to ALSO use the IR on the palm, get
a used palm pro with the 2mb upgrade :) The serial port on it is very
plug-friendly.

   Sure you can! :)  You can order a "serial" cable for your Visor from the
following URL:

         http://www.markspace.com/datacord.html

   Ordered mine about two weeks ago.  My plan is to use it with my RCX as
well as my GPS.