 Robotics / 13216
Re: cue cat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:33:38 GMT

Have you adapted the sensor to work with the rcx, or have you just taken out
the light sensor? If you have adapted it successfully, how did you do it?

John Barnes wrote:

Jason writes:

Since the cue
cats are completly, one hundred percent free, (I just walked into a
radio shack, asked for a cat, got one and walked out), they would make a
sensor that you could have as many as you want, an virtualy unlimited
light sensor source! I'd love feedback on this. Thanks in advance!

I had hoped it would be a good supply myself.
But the local Radio Shack guys recognize me now!

... I haven't given up though. I have a collection box outside
my office door for people to drop off cue cats that they get
on my behalf :)

The sensor has a shield with a tiny pinhole in it. If you
remove the shield it is more sensitive, but obviously not
well enough focused anymore to read bar codes.

It all depends on how good you are with a soldering iron!

JB