 Robotics / 13215
Re: Math
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 1996 00:06:29 GMT

Hi
What math functions are available under legOS? I can get the usual +-/ • and *
to work, but not powers or square roots. Are these math functions • available
and what others e.g. sine, cosine etc?
I thought it would be standard C stuff like pow and sqrt, but they don't
appear to work and I can't find a header file with any math functions in.
Not that I like the stuff or anything ;-)just need to use it.

I am in need of the sqrt function on RCX.
I understand that I have to build the function by myself.
But it would be great if the math.h and library could be integrated into • the
legOS.

Does anyone know about this?
or having other suggestion?

Thanks

Yiu

leJOS (http://lejos.sourceforge.net) has sqrt, pow, sin,
cos, tan, atan, atan2, and log. If Java is not your language
of choice, I guess you can translate the code in Math.java
to C. It's released under MPL.

Regards,
--Jose