 Robotics / 13186
13185  |  13187
Subject:
Tracks.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 06:55:11 GMT

Just a swift note:  The 5934 "Track Master" from the adventurers' range
has some nice *small* rubber tracks.  They are about half the width and
2/3rds the length of the RIS tracks...which I found was very useful for
making a *small* tracked robot.

They are a bit of a pain to drive - you pretty much have to have a triangular
wheel arrangement - and the best way I found to grip the track was to have
two 16t gears next to each other on a single axle at the apex of the triangle,
using two of the idlers that come with the 5934 set as the other two corners.

The tracks seemed to have similar grip to the RIS versions on both wood floor
and carpet...but YMMV.

--
Steve Baker   HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>
              WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>