 Robotics / 13184
Re: any idea if radar can be used with the rcx?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 02:55:31 GMT

I work at a Mercedes-Benz dealership and checked into the pricing of the
radar in the new 2000 S-Class... Retail, $4300!! Just for the control unit,
all the other gizmos needed total to about $1500. Guess that puts radar cost
into perspective. Might consider a sonar type device or higher power IR
sensors/emitters. Military and junk surplus places are great for finding odd
robotics stuff. If I can find the web address, there is a place here in
Milwaukee that is loaded with gadgets and gizmos I'll post it here. Not to
mention some primo prices on decient power (1W +). Anyways, I ramble on...

Fred