 Robotics / 13181
    Re: Another DIY sensor —Martin
   (...) Those cameras have a small, low-resolution CCD in them, and they take snapshots of the mousing surface and compare them to detect the quantity of motion. If you were going to use one of those mice your best bet would be to put together a (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Another DIY sensor —Stephan Adelsberger
     (...) All optical mice use the HDNS-2000 (short: HD 2000) chip from Agilent Technologies. There are two output modes: the rs232 output and the quadrature output mode. The quadrature output gives the Delta X and Delta Y values (how much the x,y (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Another DIY sensor —Stephan Adelsberger
     I forgot to mention that two optical mice are needed for accurate navigation. With only one sensor you cannot track if the robot turns. I think it’s a good idea to buy a optical mouse because I haven’t seen any suppliers carrying the HD2000 chip. If (...) (24 years ago, 18-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Another DIY sensor —Martin
   (...) Oh, and I forgot to mention, you won't get rotation out of a PS/2 interface. It does (primarily) +x, +y, and however many button events. (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics)