 Robotics / 13139
  Re: Turning a robot 90 degrees

R.G.Peel asked: (...) Yes - that and wheel slippage and motor mis-match. (...) You can buy 'official' Lego rotation sensors...but they don't come with either RCS or RDS sets. :-( That doesn't solve the wheel slippage problem though. (...) Two (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Turning a robot 90 degrees

Or make the extending "foot" actually turn the robot and use some mechanical stops to ensure it only moves through 90 degrees. Admittedly, this would not be an elegant solution : ) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Turning a robot 90 degrees

You could let your robot drop a block of white bricks (like 8x8x8 studs bug) and then let it turn until the light sensor on the other side picks it up. you could use a wire attached to the block to retrieve it into the original position. (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Turning a robot 90 degrees

Hi all, we build a synchrodrive (without turntables) that has a freedom of about 100 degree. We used it in an orthogonal labyrint and it worked well. I'll post a message when our new hompage is available. There will be a detailed howto on this page (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics)