 Robotics / 13057
Re:AI in RCX (from proposer)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 04:29:27 GMT

Dear All

You picked a challenging project.

Yes, that's why I ask for your advice and help.

Also, the RCX doesn't have
ultra-sonic sensors, so you would need to provide these yourself.

The ultra-sonic sensors are already ready (Thanks to JB).
They work similar to a light sensor,
give reading from 0-100 depend on distance from object.

Because you want the RCX to respond to objects in real-time, all code
must
run in real-time except for the training (which can be done on the PC
before hand). This is possible, but very very difficult.

This is the greatest difficult that I am facing.
The use of variable and arrary is really limited in RCX.

Or... discard Neural Networks, and try and get the RCX to do
something
simple like a Finite State Machine.

Finite State Machine will not be really difficult to me
However, I would like to take the challenge.
I will keep this as an alternative till I really fail in introducing
Neural Network
(I am considering a combination of both in fact)

I will believe it when I actually see it. Until then, it remains to
me a
conceptual possibility (like all projects), but a practical
impossibiltiy.

"All thing could happen will happen." by Data
I am not saying that I must be successful
At least, I try my best...

Please give me your advice if you have any idea or suggestion on this
project.

Yiu