 Robotics / 12982
12981  |  12983
Subject:
RCX Blowed up?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 17:37:29 GMT

Today I was using NQC for the first time using RCX Command Center. Because I
have a 1.0 RCX I thought: I have two original Lego-adapters and why
shouldn't I use one? So, for the first time I have the RCX, I used a powersuply.

After some playing I got some strange things: I couldn't use the View-button
anymore. There happens nothing when I hit it. When I looked to the statics
of my RCX in Command Center I saw the batterystatus of the RCX was not
available too. (Even when I disconnect the powersuply)

Because I got some warm, I removed all the batteries and reinsert them. I
start the Mindstorms software too install the firmware. (I do know it is
possible in RCX Command Center too). The MS-software give the message: There
is no firmware installed. (That would be right). But the MS-software is not
possible anymore to install the firmware. Everytime I try I get the message:
There is no firmware installed. (Yes, I know!!!)

The extra problem is that saterday I have a robotrace and then I use a RCX.

What is wrong with my RCX? When I remove the batteries and wait some hours,
will it work then? (I hope)
Are there anymore people who has this problem? Is it fixable? Or do I have
to buy a new RCX before saterday?

Regards, and still hoping,

Eelco Kooiker
http://www.kooiker.demon.nl/eelco/