 Robotics / 12911
    Re: Is Robotics Discovery Set good? —Dean Husby
   (...) Brad, if you can, go for the RCX (RIS) It will be usable for MANY years to come as you grow. I have all three units and I can tell you that the RCX (RIS) is the best. There was another message group that discussed all this in detail. (URL) the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

        Re: Is Robotics Discovery Set good? —Bradley Dale
      (...) come as (...) I think the Robot Invntion system is too much money. Since i'm gettng the Cyber Strikers set, a $60 dinosaur book, and perhaps other things for Christmas too, I don't think I'd be allowed to do that. And I don't really like (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

         Re: Is Robotics Discovery Set good? —Dean Husby
     (...) You can do that with the Scout. (Note: Micro-Scout and Scout are NOT the same) The scout comes with some nice stuff. But to use the full power of the Scout you're going to need a transmitter for the PC. Lego or Ebay should have them. The (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

        Re: Is Robotics Discovery Set good? —Steve Baker
   (...) RIS is still selling in the US for US$180 or so - RDS has dropped A LOT in price and our local 'Fry's discount electronics warehouse has them at US$68. Droid developers is hopeless - except perhaps as an add-on set once you have one of the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics)