 Robotics / 12868
    Re: Rechargable batteries —Juergen Stuber
   (...) AFAIK they are built more robust, to tolerate the charging better, while chemically they are the same. That said, my experience with AAA renewals (the german Müller system) for my Palm III was not good. Even with an expensive intelligent (...) (24 years ago, 22-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Rechargable batteries —Jerry Kalpin
   I use Ray-O-Vac Rechargeable Alkaline batteries and their special charger in my RCX with great results. I only seem to recharge them every few weeks and then they have lots left in them. The charger seems to charge each (of 4) individually, the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Rechargable batteries —Mark Haye
   I have also used the Ray-O-Vac Renewals in the RCX. Unfortunately, I have not had good luck with them. They seem to work fine in the RCX, but recharging them (in the Ray-O-Vac charger specially intended for the Renewals, model PS1) invariably causes (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Rechargable batteries —Jerry Kalpin
   My first two sets ran very hot and did not last long. I replaced them recently with Ray-O-Vac "Rechargeables" (no longer called Renewals) and, using the very same model PS1 charger they work well. Perhaps they fixed something. I think the point is, (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics)