 Robotics / 12834
  RCX Code tutorial or better program all together?

Hello, I'm a new RCX owner and I find that the tutorial for RCX Code that comes with Mindstorms explains squat. Is there an online tutorial that explains what each object does and actually shows how to do more than just turn on a motor for one (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX Code tutorial or better program all together?

I would say that Gordon's BrickProgrammer is your best bet before getting into NQC, it supports if/else, multi tasking and routines, as does the standard RCX Environment. It also supports integer Variables. I've done some complex stuff, however I (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX Code tutorial or better program all together?

(...) There sure is.... NQC, a program of the gods. (URL) the news group lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc is where you discuss NQC. -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX Code tutorial or better program all together?

I've only recently "switched over" to NQC myself, having found RCX Code to be pretty good for the simple tasks I was trying to handle. Be sure you run through all 12 steps in "training mode," and then go through the help file that explains each code (...) (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics)