 Robotics / 12715
Re: Why no 8450 or 8482 in US?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 20:37:29 GMT

I have sneaking suspicion it has something to do with the fcc and
the use of the 27MHz model control band. As I understand it, use
of the 27MHz band in the US specifically prohibits the transmission
of data, while it isn't so stringent in this regard in Europe. Of course
I think its all a very grey area,  your liitle RC plane joystick moves
the control surfaces in real time, the bytes you download into your
Cybermaster move its wheels later. (If you get the code right ;)

JB

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone out there knows why the  Lego Technic
8450 "Mission" and 8482 "Cybermaster" sets have not been released in the US?
From what I can see, they have been available to the rest of the world for a
while now.  Thanks.

Keith Blumenthal