 Robotics / 12704
Re: need advice on joining....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 20:59:08 GMT

Use the light gray pegs that have a 1-length dowel on one side and a stud on
the other side. These convert holes to studs, so it is easy to make the joint
you want. Put one stud next to the cross axle hole in the bend angle beam,
skip two holes, and put another stud in the 3rd hole from the axle. If that
isn't strong enough, at least it is a good start for the fastening.
-Amnon

In lugnet.robotics, Chris Magno writes:
Help

I am building a gripping mechanism and am using pneumatics to do the
squeezing.   Due to the orientation of the hole on the base of the
cylinder I was "forced" to attach a beam in such a way that is now puts
me in a bind.

The beam in question lies on its side. At some point the gripper has to
rotate 90 degree's.  the best way I have found to do this (with
pneumatics) is to attach a single bend angle beam to the gripper.

as seen here:

http://www.members.home.net/magno42/4/page1.htm

does anyone have ideas on how to securely join 2 beams with the holes 90
degrees to each other.

I've taken a series of shots that might make a bit more sense....

http://www.members.home.net/magno42/4/

I've tried the small grey connectors that turns a hole 90 degree's but
the angle beam is too wide and it dose not conform with lego math.

Thanks

Chris
Lego Walker now @
www.members.home.net/cmagno/technics/index.htm