 Robotics / 12702
  need advice on joining....

Help I am building a gripping mechanism and am using pneumatics to do the squeezing. Due to the orientation of the hole on the base of the cylinder I was "forced" to attach a beam in such a way that is now puts me in a bind. The beam in question (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: need advice on joining....

Use the light gray pegs that have a 1-length dowel on one side and a stud on the other side. These convert holes to studs, so it is easy to make the joint you want. Put one stud next to the cross axle hole in the bend angle beam, skip two holes, and (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: need advice on joining....

Amnon: Thanks. Your right. that did the trick. I used your idea in conjunction with a part that I found in the cybermaster set. I just searched the element registry and could not find it. it has 2 friction pegs on the bottom, and forms a triangle (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics)