 Robotics / 12692
    RE: NQC versus Lego RCX Code Speed —Wilcox, Doug
   Thanks very much, everyone, for the detailed answers. I suspect that, due to the huge performance gain I seem to get using NQC (in one observable area: touch sensor response time using two touch sensors on two separate ports), that the RCX Code (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: NQC versus Lego RCX Code Speed —Kekoa Proudfoot
   (...) With regards to your comment about sensor watchers, yes they are slow. If I remember correctly, they are implemented by a task that loops forever polling the sensors and starting other tasks whenever an event of the proper type occurs. Tasks (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: NQC versus Lego RCX Code Speed —Doug Wilcox
   Yes, this explains my observations perfectly! I will probably set up some more experiments--attempting to exactly duplicate the function of my oddly-behaving RCX Code (my currently-running NQC program is very close already), and try to get some real (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics)