 Robotics / 12689
Re: NQC versus Lego RCX Code Speed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 03:09:04 GMT

Wilcox, Doug <Doug.Wilcox@iMcKesson.com> wrote:
Let me try to get at the point that most interests me--what is the
difference, at the RCX level, between programs coded in NQC and programs
coded in RCX Code. Is the compiled NQC code closer to the "machine level"?

At the RCX level, there is no difference.  Both use the standard Lego
firmware to execute programs specified using a byte code.  The byte code is
something like an instruction set, except that it's interpreted and it has
operations that are specific to interfacing with the RCX.  (For more info,
see http://graphics.stanford.edu/~kekoa/rcx/opcodes.html.)

At the PC level there is a significant difference as I'm sure you've
noticed.

-Kekoa