 Robotics / 12660
12659  |  12661
Subject:
web robot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 12:35:21 GMT

hi list,

because of the ongoing post about webrobots:

i put together a simple perl server (on linux) which is listening on a
port to special commands - i post this to give an alternative to the
windows webrobot.

i m a bad perl coder but it is working fine (i adapted an existing code,
it is mention in the source). if anyone is interested in the code, feel
free to write me - for a common develpoment of it.

my setup also includes a cam mounted on the robot, grabbing with an
hauppauge bt848 chip card and xawtv/webcam feature for grabbing the
frames.

i use a javaaplett for refreshing the image.
well i m working on a wireless video transmission and on replacing the
ir tower by a wireless link.

when im finised i will put a page with the info together for the lego
community meanwhile i invite u to write me if u are interested, also
to descuss the different issues to get good technical solutions for the
different issues.

best

erich