 Robotics / 12642
RE: IR tower problem -working but still not
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 01:33:34 GMT

sounds to me like you have a bad serial port on your computer, have you had
the computer apart since this problem started?  Did you perhaps bump a cable
or connection.  Borrow a laptop and try your cable and tower on it,  maybe
your plug and play options have reconfigured themselves and your com port is
no longer valid, (depending on your computer expertise you could go in and
manually configure your com ports through CMOS but risky if your're not
familiar with how it works) you haven't added ME (Millenium Edition) to your
computer have you?, i find it causes a lot of problems with a lot of things.
I'd find something that does work and go from there, serial problems are
always hard to locate and fix.

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Tobias Moller
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2000 4:51 AM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: IR tower problem -working but still not

I've seen this  subject here two years ago, and since I had the exact
same problem, I'll ask it here again (I got no solution by reading the
older posts.)

I've had th IR tower up and running for about six months, but now it
won't workk! Every time I try to download something, it says "The IR
tower may be recieving too much light or needs a fresh battery". So I've
changed battery, turned off all the lights, but it still won't work!

The green LED is on, as if the IR tower had contact with an RCX, but I
keep getting the same message over and over.

I can't download new microcode, if that's the problem, since the IR
tower doesn't work at all. I've even tried to use another IR tower and
cable, but still, no results.

What could be causing this?

Any help appreciated!
--Tobias