 Robotics / 12562
Re: RIS 1.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 04:31:49 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Jason Stern writes:
This is a question for anyone who has bought the RIS 1.0 box that says
free upgrade to RIS 1.5. Do you need a receipt to get the upgrade free?
I'm think of getting it as a gift for someone, and I don't want to have
to give them the receipt also! One more question, do all the RIS 1.0
boxes contain a rcx that has a power jack, or do some of them have a rcx
that does not? Thanks for your help!

I think in theory the upgrade period is over, but I bet they'll continue to
ship upgrades so long as they have them. Note that the upgrade number just puts
you through to Shop at Home.

No, you don't need a receipt, I think they ask you for a number off the
sticker, so in fact, you could get as many as you wanted (though they would
probably question how many you really bought if you ordered more than a
couple, and of course you would be being dishonest, so I don't at all advise
aking that course of action, just pointing out how weak the system is).

As a gift though, why not do the recipient a favor and order it for them (I
did that when I bought one for my nephew for Christmas). They'll be happy to
ship to any address in the US (and it can ship USPS so it can be delivered to
a P.O. Box).

Frank

Jason

P.S. I dont know if this will work, but compusa matches prices and has
an RIS special this week, buy a RIS and get an expansion pack free (but
not exporation mars :( ). The only thing is they sell the RIS for 199.99
and i know a place to get it for 169.99, so im going to see if they will
match the price and give me a free expansion pack! To top it off, im
also thinking of getting the other expansion pack at another store for
19.99. That means for the normal price of a single RIS, i will get the
RIS and both expansion packs (the older ones), too! Wada ya think!?!??