 Robotics / 12530
Re: Anyone know where I can get RIS 1.0 to 1.5 Upgrade in the UK?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 13:25:47 GMT

"Daniel Crichton" <danielc@helio.co.uk> wrote in message
news:G1A9Eq.9yx@lugnet.com...
I've noticed that there are some parts in RIS 1.5 that don't exist in RIS
1.0, and that the programming software is supposed to be better (nesting • of
commands and such), but the Mindstorms site indicates that the upgrade • (set
#3803) is only available in the US. Is the upgrade worth, or can I get the
CD and the parts cheaper elsewhere (I'm not both about the • Constructopedia).
I've heard that there is a clutch in there, is this true? I'm also looking
for the Rotation Sensor and a third Motor to flesh out the parts, any idea
where I can these cheaply and reliably? Thanks for any help.

Shop at Home in the US has the upgrade for $25, I haven't bought one yet.
Here is a closed eBay auction with a picture:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=425317521&ed=96802525
3
I think you are correct about the clutch gear, you can see one in the parts
bag.

You may want to consider the Ultimate Accessory Set; it has a rotation
sensor, light, and remote control.
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3801

If you're looking for motors, I have loose gear motors (new) for sale for
$10 each.  Shipping to the UK is $2 ~ $3 for less than 6 ounces.

--
-Rob.

New sets and parts for sale or trade:
http://www.doucettenet.com/lego/