 Robotics / 12433
12432  |  12434
Subject:
Details of pneumatic stuff inside Otto
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 16:02:31 GMT

Kevin Reid <kpreid@attglobal.net> wrote:
Mario Ferrari <mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote:

While you are there, you might want to have a look at Otto, a large
octagonal two RCXs pneumatic R2-D2 style robot:

http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari/otto/otto.html

I wish I could build things like that...

When I looked, I couldn't figure out from the pictures:

  * How are the legs attached to the body?
  * How do the pneumatic switches work? (Your picture shows only the
gears, and I can't see how they move the switches.)
  * How does the hand open/close?

Kevin and others asked for some more details about the pneumatic devices
inside my robot Otto. I just put some more pics on the page, hope they help:

http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari/otto/otto.html

Ciao
Mario