 Robotics / 12412
12411  |  12413
Subject:
My first Lego robotics competition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 23:08:58 GMT

Hello,
I am soon going to enter my first Lego Robotics competition, and I would like
some help. I guess there is no better place to go for Lego wisdom than Lugnet!
I am looking for a clear explanation of how to multiplex sensors. I would like
to attach two touch sensors to the same port on my robot. It seems to me that
each sensor gives the same raw value when pressed (with some minor variation
due to pressure). How can I differentiate between the two sensors? Also, is it
possible to multiplex a rotation sensor, and a touch sensor? My final request,
and probably the most important, is I would like some ideas and examples of
programs for robots to navigate an area without getting stuck. I have to stay
way from the walls, and hopefully away from the other robot. Any tips and
tricks for programming a "stuck proof" robot would be greatly appreciated. I
know my robot won't be much good if it gets caught in a corner, or on another
robot!
Thanks,
Rob