 Robotics / 124
Re: Please insert 18AA nicads and press any key to continue.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 23:47:00 GMT

Chris Moseley writes:
So now I use 4.8A @ 1.5V to charge my nicads since I use 18 of them[1].

Hint: think carefully before assuming that the TO220 BJT on the output can take
5A indefinitely. After about 15 minutes it overheated a little. Luckily it went
open circuit, so I still have the nicads. Not happy, now I'm forced back to 24
hour charging. Time to find some plugs that match the RCX I think.

Oh, BTW, the CyberMaster doesn't have the external power socket. Grr,

Have fun
Moz