 Robotics / 117
116  |  118
Subject:
Please insert 18AA nicads and press any key to continue.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 21:29:39 GMT

Yahoo! I got my Mindstorms at last :-)

So I've taken the day off to celebrate.

Predictably, I got the CyberMaster set on Friday, and the letter saying I
should pick up the Mindstorms on Saturday. It's all happening here, I tell you.

So now I use 4.8A @ 1.5V to charge my nicads since I use 18 of them[1].
Is two sets going to be necessary?

The great thing so far (I've unpacked them, that's all) is the historical tyres.
The sets seem to have examples of all the older Technic tires, which is great.
And two more brick separators to add to my collection (and to think I foolishly
bid on two more in Auczilla VII).

I suppose the next thing is to find out whether the new software will detect that
there are IR transmitters on Com6 *and* Com8. Although why anyone would want to
do that I'm not sure...

Off to play,
Moz

[1] plus 300ma of 10kHz ripple so they don't explode under that load...