 Robotics / 12189
Re: distance sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 22:02:35 GMT

in article 002701c00a01$ea0f7320$68df0893@bleedkaga, Yiu at
lego-robotics@crynwr.com wrote on 8/19/00 10:21 AM:

I am looking for a distance sensor for my RCX
that can detect the distance of it from objects

The Portland Area Robotics Society (PARTS) has an occasional newsletter with
good robotics information in it.  One of the issues discussed using a stud
sensor as an object detector.  The author bought one, wired the LED output
to the robot input, and it worked great.  I think the technology is entirely
electromagnetic.

Unfortunately the server is currently down so I can't find you the exact
link -- sorry.

Their web site is at http://www.rdrop.com/users/marvin.  I hope it works for
you when you try it - it's dead right now.

I am considering
1, Ultrasonic sensor
2, Microwave sensor
3, ?Internal infer-red of RCX?

The stud sensor isn't ultrasonic or infrared.  I don't *think* it's
microwave, but I don't know for sure.

Please tell me you opinion
all info you supplied would be very helpful to me

I hope this helps you.

Thanks

Yiu

--