 Robotics / 12081
Re: Autonomous Robot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 04:25:25 GMT

What if instead of two counter rotating lasers one tower, we use two towers
each with one laser and one non-lego IR emitter that counter rotate at a set
speed under the control of an RCX.  I believe we can make non-lego
emitter/detector pairs that use a different carrier frequency than the RCX
fairly inexpensively.  Use the non-lego IR detector and the light sensor on
the robot to detect the angle to the active tower and use the RCX IR to turn
on the towers on one at a time.  That way you can take two angular fixes and
triangulate your position.   Come to think of it you could use more towers
to increase your accuracy that is if you have lots of RCXs.